Having a good quality sleep is important to us as it get our mind and body rested after a long day. Being sleep deprived could result in loss of concentration, slower response and easily irritated or depressed. Sleep plays a crucial role in protecting our physical and mental health.
- Why good sleep is important?
Following are some reasons:
– Good sleep improve concentration and productivity.
– Good sleep maximize athletic performance
– Good sleep improve your immunity system.
– Sufficient sleep helps to enhance memory.
- What are good sleeping habits?
Good sleeping habits includes:
– Have a regular sleep schedule to let your body have a natural sleep-wake cycle.
– Create a comfortable sleeping environment.
– Do not eat a heavy meal before sleeping.
– Do not consume caffeine or alcohol before sleeping.
- What are the effects of lack of sleep?
Lack of sleep could lead to the following:
– Decrease concentration and productivity.
– Increase risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes and heart diseases.
– Poor sleep link to depression and affect your emotions negatively.
- What to do if you have sleeping disorder?
If you have trouble sleeping for some time, please visit a doctor to seek medical treatment or try to make a lifestyle change which could help you to sleep better.
As with other doctors, the doctors at Acumed singapore would also always advise that one of the best and easiest way to stay healthy is to always to have adequate rest.
*This articles in no way represent the medical advices of Acumed Medical Group and is intended solely for blogging purposes